A Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipe
Chicken has some good nutritional value including vitamins, minerals and 48 g of protein per 6 oz serving. Skinless breast of chicken has about 3 g. of fat and essentially no carbohydrates, (depending on preparation) making it an excellent part of any diet. A six oz.chicken breast without skin is 240 calories vs with skin 340 calories. The fat content is 3 g vs 14 g respectively. If you need to cut carbs this is a great protein source to consider and is a tasty recipe to prepare.
* 1 tsp. lime rind, grated
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (plus extra to grease grill surface)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut in 1-inch chunks
* 2 tsp. honey
* 2 mangoes
* 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
* 1 small red or sweet onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
* Medium bowl
* Large bowl
* 8 skewers
* Brush for marinade Light charcoal grill or preheat gas grill. In a small bowl, create marinade by whisking together lime rind, lime juice, oil, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken chunks in large bowl. Pour half of marinade over chicken, toss to coat, and let stand for 20 minutes. Stir honey into remaining marinade, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Cut mango flesh from each side of pit. Cut mango flesh in a grid pattern of 3/4-inch squares down to but not through the skin. Gently push skin to turn inside out and cut off the flesh. Alternately thread mango, pepper, onion, and chicken pieces onto each of 8 skewers. Brush with half of the reserved honey marinade. (Discard marinade that chicken soaked in.)
Lightly grease grill surface and place kabobs on it over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning and basting kabobs once with remaining honey marinade until fruit is softened and chicken is browned and cooked through (with no pink inside) and juices run clear (about 8 minutes). Makes 4 servings (2 skewers each).
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|Calories||Protein||Fiber||Carbs||Fat Total||Saturated Fat|