Ingredients for Spanish Shrimp Recipe
- 25 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 1 hot Spanish pimenton, diced (or 1/½ tsp hot paprika)
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil and garlic until the garlic begins to brown slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pimenton, wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook until the flavors begin to meld together, about 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp turn opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and parsley and toss
recipe credit to menshealth.com