Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This is a casserole so not a quick recipe. For prep and baking it will be about an hour but well worth it,
- 1 1/2 lbs breakfast sausage
- 1/2 tbls coconut oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsip sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups power greens (kale, spinach, arugula)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil and add in sausage.
- Brown and break apart with a wooden spoon.
- Beat eggs in extra large bowl.
- Shred sweet potatoes and onion in your food processor. Mix into eggs with seasoning, coconut milk and power greens.
- Grease 9×13 casserole dish with more coconut oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir in sausage.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for 10 more minutes or until center is set.
Image and recipe credit to plaidandpaleo.com