Spicy Fish Kebab Recipe
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 10 minutes
1 1/2 pounds halibut
3/4 cup packaged peeled baby carrots
2 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup quick-cooking couscous
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
2. In a covered medium saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute; add squash and cook for 1 minute more. Drain.
3. On 6 skewers, alternately thread fish cubes, squash, carrots, and sugar snap peas, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Set kebabs aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir together cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add spice mixture; heat and stir for 1 minute. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture to a small bowl and whisk in orange juice.
5. Stir couscous into remaining mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add orange peel and broth. Bring to a boil; cover and remove from heat. Let stand.
6. Brush orange juice mixture on the kebabs. Place on a greased rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, about 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning and brushing with remaining orange juice mixture halfway through grilling. Serve with couscous.
Nutrition facts per serving: 325 calories, 29g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 10g fat (1g saturated), 3g fiber